Maine Cabin Rental Vacation Rental Agreement
To reserve review cabin terms below. We will email a.pdf form / file of your reservation details and charges for you to return for processing. The rental applicant is considered the lead renter and assumes responsibility for the property rental. This document clarifies obligations to the Renter and the Owner. In the unlikely event of any disputes, it will be used as basis for resolution.
PROPERTY LEASE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BETWEEN COZY MOOSE AND RENTER
- RENT: 50% deposit to book, renter is liable for balance due 30 days prior to arrival. Full amount due for dates booked within 30 days before rental commences.
- PAYMENTS: Renter agrees to electronic processing of lease dates and payments. Non Payment for any balance by due date will be treated as a cancellation. US currency for major credit cards through PayPal – No account needed. Checks accepted 3o days prior to check in. Renter agrees to payment policy.
- RENTAL CONDITIONS: Rentals are confirmed to be guest ready the day of check in. Renter accepts responsibility for any damage in access of reasonable wear and tear items to repairing or replacing missing or damaged items. We do not charge a standard cleaning fee. Leave rental in clean general order in which you arrived. Any stained laundry is to be bagged and set aside as it requires special handling as OPIM and may be considered waste. Extra cleaning time for glass, excessive dirt/grease or stain removal will result in a cleaning fee being levied of 14% of rental rate which you agree to pay the day of departure.
- NO SMOKING AND NO PETS: Smell of smoke in cabin or signs of pets will result in minimum room fee of $250.
- CHECK INS: 3pm – Check in 451 Moosehead Lake Rd. If in town earlier, please call us to advise. We greet all our guests- Key pick up is not an option. Arrival 3pm – 4pm
- CHECK OUT: Before 10am – Check out with email that you vacated or phone call. An easy to follow check out sheet is provided. Walk throughs are available before departing . Check in’s Same day, no late departures.
- OCCUPANCY/GUESTS/VEHICLES: Only registered occupants, guests and vehicles on the property. Confirm any changes or unexpected guests during your stay prior to your arrival. Bedroom set up and bath towels for occupants denoted. Help us stay green, Use of extra beds is a $35 room fee per bed. Unregistered vehicles , occupants not stated in agreement will result in immediate eviction without any refund. Private Road.
- PARKING /TRAILERS/RECREATIONAL EQUIPMENT: Vehicles, trailers, and recreational vehicles have assigned parking spaces steps away. Recreational equipment for rent or you may bring your own. Should you require recreational storage area let us know. No parking of any vehicles between cabins, under porches or on decks. Operation of equipment is for access to lake and trails.
- LIABILITY / INDEMNIFICATION /SERVICE: Cozy Moose or employees are not liable for any injuries., damages or theft. Dock and Lake Use: Is at your own risk. For safety reasons, children are to be supervised. Renter’s agree to hold The Cozy Moose harmless for any and all loss, damages, injury or death from use of rental property. Any unsafe or dangerous conditions shall be reported to us immediately. If required, Cozy Moose reserves the right to entry to service or make repairs.
- HEAT/UTILITIES/REFUNDS: Heat and utilities TV- Wi-Fi is included, there will be no refunds if failure should occur or service be interrupted. Do not disconnect or move inside electronics. Failures from disconnects may result in technical support at your expense. No refunds will be made for inclement weather or for early departures.
- GAS FIREPLACES: Serviced by trained technicians. Do not set anything on top or make adjustments by thermostat on the wall only Note: Fireplaces are usually turned off by Memorial Day through Columbus Day.
- WATERFRONT /LAKE / TRAIL ACCESS: The beach, boat dock, & waterfront and outside grounds are common area. Use at your own risk, no diving, or glass at waterfront. Trail access information is provided at check in. Foot Traffic only to waterfront. Docking at own risk. Please keep dock gates closed.
- SEPTIC SYSTEMS: Septic safe toilet paper sparingly. All other products No wipes, tissues or paper towels. Cooking grease in sealed containers or soaked up with paper towels in tin cans then put in household trash. Not down sinks or dumped outside .
- TRASH / RECYCLE: Household trash starter bags are provided. No loose liquids or recyclables. Recycle information provided at check in. Please rinse recyclable items and put in bin provided. You may choose to Carry In – Carry Out. Trash pick up at end of your stay. If you require removal, call ahead. No hazardous waste is to be left behind. Thank you
- OUTSIDE GROUNDS/GAS GRILLS: No outside electrical hook ups. Campfires, charcoal fires, fireworks, firearms, BB guns, air rifles, or slingshots permitted to be used on premises. Quiet hours observed before 8am and after 10pm. Gas grills and outdoor seating Memorial Day – Columbus Day Grills are to remain in grilling area. No grills are permitted on decks, under overhangs or near buildings. Leave grills as clean as you found them. Certified tanks are provided for grills. Gas is not included in rental fee.
- UNLAWFUL ACTIVITY: Renter agrees not to violate any local, county, or federal laws including shore land zoning restrictions on removing vegetation and supporting rocks, cutting trees or branches and stabilizing rocks. It is unlawful to disturb wildlife.
- DISPUTES: In the unlikely event of any legal dispute concerning this agreement, the parties elect the jurisdiction civil courts of the Cozy Moose in Piscataquis County, Maine at their expense.
- TERMINATION/DEFAULT/ VIOLATIONS: Short-term transient rental agreement defaults denoted above without a written acknowledgement of acceptance by the Cozy Moose will terminate this agreement. and result in no refund. Cozy Moose reserves the right to cancel any reservation made under false pretenses & has the right to refuse or discontinue agreement if it is in the opinion that the renter(s) are detrimental to the property.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Once a reservation is processed, cancellation can only be processed with terms stated: A. If the period for the rental can be rebooked, a refund for dates booked less a cancellation fee of the rental rate. B. If rental cannot be rebooked, the Lessee will forfeit all monies paid for that period. C. Only if a cancellation request is received more than 30 days in advance of arrival, deposit will be refunded less cancellation fee .Note: This does not limit the owners right to give shorter notice to cancel as permitted by law due to unforeseeable circumstances.
The terms and conditions of the lodging property are stated in this agreement. I agree to the property terms 1 through 19 acknowledging I understand them. I will ensure members in my party abide by the terms set forth. A signed electronic copy of this agreement shall have the same force and effect as an original.
X Sign Below: _________________________________Date_______________
SIGNATURE OF RENTER / AUTHORIZATION
PRINTED NAME on card: _____________________________________
Billing Address: ____________________________Phone: ________________
City: ________________________State: ___________Zip: _______________
Email: ____________________________Cell: __________________________
Use a card that will not expire during your stay.
RENTAL RESERVED______________________RESERVATION# ___________________
Arrive – Office location______________ at 3pm -Depart__________________ before 10am
Total Rental Rate $_______________ Balance Due: _____________
READ ALL TERMS – RETURN FOR PROCESSING – FILL IN SIGNER FIELDS AND INTIAL WHERE INDICATED
Payment Method CREDIT CARD OR CHECK IN ADVANCE _____________
Payment electronic send to firstname.lastname@example.org – Payment due now________
Please confirm any updates prior to arrival. – Thank you for your business
READ all terms, return for processing, – Fill in signer fields indicated on form .
Initial Sign and Return within 24 hours. Thank you
Cozy Moose, Inc. – PO Box 29 – Greenville, ME – 04441 – 207-695-0242
Lease return accepts reservation – Payment secures reservation.
Note: When using PayPal – The Cozy Moose Inc, Ronald Davis – Lin & receipt will com from PayPal